Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow? and your help please...

Yep. You read it right. Snow! Perhaps even 2-6 inches! I'm a Minnesota native so I thoroughly enjoy the talk and planning for it. You see, even a dusting gets everyone rather worked up. Emergency experts are telling us gather the soup and bread. I remember one Halloween in 1987 in MN (I dressed as a punk rocker and no I won't post a picture here) when we got 36 inches of snow in less than 24 hours. We missed one day of school!

We get pretty fired up here at News 14 Carolina as well. The bottom line is a huge number of people tune into news for the weather. It's a great time to be in the newsroom. However, the timing of the storm is creating a tough challenge for decision makers.

Not sure if you heard but apparently there's a large event going on in DC tomorrow? We obviously have massive coverage plans. Well, the impending snow storm creates a kink in everyone's plans. In the end we will have both covered thoroughly so stay tuned!

You see if we really do get 6 inches that could shut down quite a bit and create very dangerous roads. Whenever lives are potentially in danger it's an important news story. My managers are huddled up like generals in an army planning to deploy the troops to various spots across the state. Chief Meteorologist Gary Stephenson has his sleeves rolled up already (that's when you know it's serious)!

The bottom line is we can get some snow so be careful and stay home and watch News 14 Carolina. You can help us as well by sending in pictures of your snow and stories as well. Send them to me tim.boyum@news14.com or weather@news14.com

Also, I'm interviewing House Speaker Joe Hackney and Senate President Pro Tem Marc Basnight this week. I'm looking for your questions that I will ask during the interview and post on the blog as well as air during the weekly show.

Stay safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment